We’ve had a great couple of weekends out in Indio, CA, and we’re excited to close our time there out with the Stagecoach Music Festival today through Sunday, with an amazing line-up of the best of country music. This is looking to be very different from Coachella Music & Arts Festival, featuring a ton of great activities for families and some serious all-star talent. Take a look at our Top 10 things we’re looking forward to this weekend. YEE HAW!
1) PlayStation Roadhouse: We’re putting the final touches on our air conditioned haven, where you can be one of the first to play unreleased PlayStation®3 titles such as PixelJunk™4am for the PlayStation® Network and listen to your favorite Stagecoach artists on the Music Unlimited service through PS3™ and PS VITA! Find us next to the Mustang Stage.
2) We got a chance to jump on the Ferris Wheel during Coachella Music & Arts Festival a few weeks ago to check out the amazing views of southern California, but we’ll probably have to jump on and get another look during this very different festival.
3) Husband and Wife power couple Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert perform back to back on Saturday night. They each have dominated country music in their own right, but we’re also hoping to see some duets like “America the Beautiful,” which they released in February.
4) If you are bringing your kids, the Half Pint Hootenanny looks to provide some awesome entertainment for your little ones, including dance demonstrations, music instrument workshops, western games, the music barn and more. Check the full schedule here.
5) After ending their “farewell tour” in 2004, Alabama make their return on the Stagecoach Mane Stage on Friday night. They have a handful of additional dates lined up, but we’re stoked to be the first to see these legends back on the road.
6) Make your daily scheduling super easy by downloading the Stagecoach Festival iPhone and Android apps. This includes line up and schedule, a festival map and even a Stagecoach frame to put around your photos.
7) Take care of the festival grounds by bringing your recyclables to Recyclosaurus T-Rex to chop up. You’ll find him by the Halfpint Hootenany, but trust us, you can’t miss him.
8) The world famous Clydesdale Horses will be around the RV Campgrounds on Friday and by the main entrance from 2PM – 4PM on Saturday on Sunday.
9) We figured BBQ would take center-stage during this festival, but the Kansas City BBQ Contest sounds like an extravaganza of delicious in The Terrace. 30 national BBQ teams will be cooking 24/7 to be named Grand Champion and festival-goers get to reap the benefits of cooking demonstrations and samples!
10) While the headliners are often the draw of these big festivals, we’re excited to see some great up-and-comers who have been making waves in the country world, including Sara Watkins, Aaron Lewis (lead singer of Staind!) and Brett Eldredge.