We here at Sony Entertainment Network are always thinking of new ways to answer some of your frequently asked questions or let you know about cool features that you might appreciate. Starting today, we’ll be bringing you a new blog series called “Did You Know” which covers Sony Entertainment Network topics including the Music Unlimited service, the Video Unlimited service, and the PlayStation® Store.
Look for this series to be featured in the monthly Sony Entertainment Network newsletter and here on our blog. Got a suggestion for a topic? Let us know in the comments section below!
To kick off the series, here’s a little known fact about the PlayStation®Store that makes watching videos on the go that much easier…
Those who frequent the PlayStation®Store know that most videos can be purchased in HD, SD, and in a special HD & SD bundle. This HD & SD bundle gives you an extra SD version of the video you’ve purchased for the same price as buying just the HD video. Also, because hard drive space is a very precious commodity on portable devices, the SD version offers the same video that is smaller in file size and suitable for viewing on many portable devices.
Since PS3™ is currently the only system that allows HD playback, nabbing the HD & SD bundle on your PS3™ lets you enjoy your purchased content in stunning HD through your PS3™, but also gives you the opportunity to own the same video in SD on your PSP™ and PS Vita™ devices. All you need to do is transfer the SD version of the video to your portable device. This is great way to finish up that episode of The Walking Dead when you’re on the go!
To transfer your video file onto a PSP™ system:
- Connect the PSP™ system to the PS3™ system using a USB cable. To copy files to Memory Stick™ media, insert the Memory Stick™ media into the PSP™ system.
- On the PSP™ system, select (Settings) > (USB Connection).
- On the PS3™ system, select the video file you want to copy or move, and then press the button.
- Select [Copy] or [Move]. Follow the on-screen instructions to copy or move the file.
To transfer your video file onto a PS Vita™ system:
Before doing this, make sure:
- Insert the memory card into the PS Vita.
- Link a Sony Entertainment Network account with your PS Vita system.
- Sign in to the PlayStation Network on your PS3 system.
- To use Content Manager, you must sign in to the same Sony Entertainment Network account on the PS3 as your PS Vita.
- On the PS3, close all open applications and select [User].
- Connect your PS Vita to the PS3 system using a USB cable.
- Tap [Videos], [Music], [Photos], or [Applications].
- Select the checkboxes of the content your want to copy, and then tap [Copy]. For Applications, you have an additional option to Delete.