Beginning today, PS4 owners will be able to download the Live Events Viewer app. That’s the best way to experience live events (of course) or catch up with on-demand viewing of UFC events, concerts, races and more.
The best part? It’s available to PS4 just in time for UFC 177: Dillashaw vs. Barao II on August 30th.
Find out more about how to install the Live Events Viewer and watch UFC 177 at PlayStation Blog.
Here are some of the exciting new releases available on Video Unlimited today:
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (includes Bonus Featurette): Watch Spider-Man face off against Electro, Green Goblin and a cast of other villains in this follow-up to Marc Webb’s 2012 reboot of the series. You also get exclusive access to a featurette with star Andrew Garfield, who reprises his role as Peter Parker, as well as the filmmakers as they discuss the out-of-this-world stunts in the film.
Need for Speed: Based on the critically acclaimed video game franchise, this film captures all the excitement of the game with a nod to 1960s and 1970s car-culture films. Watch Tobey Marshall (Aaron Paul) hit the road in an exotic supercar on a cross-country journey on the hunt for revenge.
Coherence: From debut writer-director James Ward Byrkit, comes this compelling dinner party film with a twist. Eight friends experience a series of bizarre and reality-warping events after an astronomical anomaly takes place.
Killer Legends: What do you think of when you think of urban legends? Filmmakers Joshua Zeman and Rachel Mills investigate the real-life crimes that inspired these terrifying myths. Find out why these stories never cease to scare us.
Cold Comes the Night: Our 99-cent rental this week is a story about betrayal, unrequited love and second chances. Chloe and her daughter, Sophia, run a dilapidated motel off a highway pit stop. When Chloe faces financial trouble, she reluctantly allows a corrupt cop to run a prostitution operation out of her motel. What follows is a series of disastrous events that force Chloe to make a difficult choice in order to save her daughter.
Tagged: Need for Speed, The Amazing Spider-Man 2
If you love video game stories, then don’t miss this exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the artistry of creating one of last year’s most acclaimed games. In order to create some of the most amazing games, you need a good mixture of skills and backgrounds in order to have these games come alive—talented acting, sharp writing and compelling music are all essential elements that go into the creation of these breathtaking titles.
On Monday, July 28 at 7 PM PT, in celebration of the launch of the PS4™ version of The Last of Us, Naughty Dog brings last year’s Game of the Year to the theatrical stage in Los Angeles for a special one-night-only performance. Hosted by Spike TV’s Geoff Keighley, One Night Live showcases the artistry behind this acclaimed game with a performance of the game’s score as well as a live reading of select scenes from some of the main actors. Actors attending the event include Troy Baker, Ashley Johnson, Merle Dandridge, Hana Hayes and more. The Academy Award-winning composer Gustavo Santaolalla will perform selections from his score.
Although tickets to attend the show in-person are sold out, you can still catch all the action in the comfort of your own home by tuning in to Twitch, the PlayStation™ YouTube channel, or PlayStation Network™ Live Event Viewer.
To get ready for The Last of Us: One Night Live event on Live Events Viewer app, download for free here:
- Log on to the PlayStation™ Store on your PlayStation®3 system.
- Scroll down to the Apps section and find Live Events Viewer for download.
- Once the Live Events Viewer is downloaded, find it on the XMB under TV/Video Services.
- Log on with your PlayStation Network™ or Sony Entertainment Network username and password. Then, enjoy watching The Last of Us: One Night Live on Monday, July 28 at 7 PM PT. The viewing will be available for US residents and Canada only.
Join us with our PlayStation™ friends to get a closer look into The Last of Us: One Night Live, and all of the creativity behind the making of this incredible video game.
Tagged: The Last of Us
From the goofy Caped Crusader in the classic television show to the troubled Dark Knight, Batman has gone through many changes since debuting in his first DC comic 75 years ago. But what is your favorite Batman incarnation of all time? Visit our Facebook page to have your say and you’ll be entered for a chance to win a PlayStation VITA and games from our Superhero Sale, including Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate and LEGO® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes.
Here is how to enter:
- Visit us on Facebook
- Comment on the question, “Which is your favorite Batman of all time?” You’ll need to answer by August 5, 2014, 11:59PM PDT. US residents only, ages 18 and over only.
- Winners shall be notified by Facebook direct message within a week following the close of the Sweepstakes entry period, and must respond within 24 hours of notice.
We will select one random winner from the entries and contact that person via Facebook direct message by Wednesday, August 6th.
Don’t miss the UFC 174 action this Saturday, June 16. Use the Sony Entertainment Network Live Events Viewer app on your PS3 to watch the most dominant flyweight fighter in history, Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson, defend his UFC 125-pound title for the fourth time against Russia’s Ali Bagautinov. And that’s not all! Canada’s own Rory MacDonald will face off with Tyron Woodley in a fight of the top welterweight contenders.
Catch all the action of UFC 174 through the Sony Entertainment Network Live Events Viewer app on your PS3. Here’s how to download the Live Events Viewer app for free to get started:
1. If you are in the United States or Canada, log on to the PlayStation Store on your PlayStation 3.
2. Scroll down to TV Shows, then select UFC 174. Click the “Watch Live” button in the UFC 174 room.
3. Download the Live Events Viewer and, once complete, find it on the XMB under TV/Video Services.
4. Log on with your PSN or Sony Entertainment Network username and password.
Purchase the event and then enjoy watching UFC 174 this Saturday, June 16 (10PM ET/7PM PT) on the Live Events Viewer app.
Tagged: ufc 174
World Cup fever has his Music Unlimited with the release of One Love, One Rhythm – The 2014 FIFA World Cup Official Album. The new compilation features songs written and selected for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, including contributions from artists such as Pitbull, Jennifer Lopez, Santana, Wyclef Jean, Avicii, Aloe Blacc, Sergio Mendes, Shakira and so many others.
Listen now on Music Unlimited.
Tagged: Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull, santana, world cup
Eddie Alvarez may be out but Bellator 120 is still on for Saturday, May 17 with Quinton “Rampage” Jackson facing King Mo in one of the biggest grudge matches in MMA. Former lightweight champion Michael Chandler will also battle Will Brooks for the interim lightweight world title, while Bellator middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko takes on Tito “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” Ortiz. Watch all the action on the PlayStation 3 Live Events Viewer.
As a bonus, the Live Events Viewer will feature two free additional events ahead of Bellator 120. Tune in to watch the live weigh-in on Friday, May 16 at 3PM PT/6PM ET. You can also catch the prelims and pre-show on Saturday, May 17 at 4:30PM PT/7:30 PM ET.
Viewing information is below.
Here’s how to download the Live Events Viewer app for free to get started:
- If you are in the United States, log on to the PlayStation Store on your PlayStation 3.
- Scroll down to TV Shows, then to Bellator 120. Select “Watch Live”.
- Download the Live Events Viewer and, once complete, find it on the XMB under TV/Video Services.
- Log on with your PSN or Sony Entertainment Network username and password.
- Purchase the event and then enjoy watching Bellator 120 this Saturday (10PM ET/7PM PT) on the Live Events Viewer app.
Tagged: bellator 120
The Canadian indie rock band Tokyo Police Club (we know, it’s confusing) performed three songs at an intimate Music Unlimited LIVE Lounge session at San Francisco’s LIVE 105 radio station last week, playing songs from its latest album, Forcefield.
The quartet initially wrote some 50 songs for its third official album, which was four years in the making. They eventually narrowed the track list down to nine, including the epic leadoff tune “Argentina (Parts I, II, III)” as well as the jaunty “Hot Tonight” — both of which they played at Live 105. The group also pulled out the classic “Tessellate,” from its breakthrough 2008, release, Elephant Shell.
Listen to Forcefield now on Music Unlimited. You can also play Tokyo Police Club Forcefield 8-bit video game on the band’s official website, click here.
Tagged: live 105, tokyo police club
Yesterday, pop sensation and lover of lowercase letters Christina Perri released her album, head or heart , three years after her debut, lovestrong, which featured the songs “jar of hearts” and “arms.” She’s hardly kept quiet between though, contributing the massive hit, “A Thousand Years,” to the The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 Soundtrack and releasing a holiday EP in 2012. With the new album, she’ll embark on a North American headlining tour that kicks off on Friday in Denver, ending on 5/26 in Vancouver. Check the full list of dates here.
As for the artist picks playlist she sent us, Perri says, “This is just what I’m loving right now . . . no specific style except really well-written songs.” Check out the tracklist below and listen to it now on Music Unlimited.
Christina Perri Artist Picks
- paramore – “still into you”
- pharrell williams – “happy”
- passenger – “let her go”
- a great big world – “say something”
- john legend – “all of me”
- beyoncé - “drunk in love”
- one direction – “story of my life”
- bruno mars – “when i was your man”
- daft punk – “get lucky”
- avicii - “wake me up”
- kodaline – “all of me”
- miley cyrus – “wrecking ball”
- zedd - “stay the night”
- robin thicke – “blurred lines”
- pink - “just give me a reason”
- lady gaga – “applause”
- ed sheeran- “give me love”
- rihanna – “stay”
- jay z – “holy grail”
- jason mraz – “i wont give up”
Last Tuesday, (on 311 day) alternative rock stalwarts 311 released their 11th studio album (another happy coincidence) Stereolithic, their first in three years and the first on their brand new label, 311 Records. This is the first time the band has been independent in over two decades, giving them the freedom to reward devoted fans they’ve picked up along the way with cool exclusives including an autographed guitar and custom drum sticks via PledgeMusic. They’ve always been hyper-devoted to their followers, including an annual 311 cruise, so it makes sense that they would feel empowered enough with such a rich history to branch out on their own.
The band gave us a list of some of their favorite rock songs, including the first single from the new album, “Five of Everything.” Listen to the whole thing here.
311 Artist Playlist
- 311 – “Five of Everything”
- The Clash – “White Man in Hammersmith Palais”
- Bad Brains – “I Against I”
- Red Hot Chili Peppers – “Knock Me Down”
- Beastie Boys – “What’cha Want”
- Fishbone – “Sunless Saturday”
- Jane’s Addiction – “Mountain Song”
- Pennywise – “Time to Burn”
- Queens of the Stone Age – “The Lost Art of Keeping A Secret”
- Deftones – “Change (In the House of Flies)”
- Incubus – “Privilege”
- Rage Against the Machine – “Bulls on Parade”
- Tool – “Forty Six And 2”
- Foo Fighters – “Everlong”
- System of a Down – “Toxicity”
- Fugazi – “Waiting Room”
- NOFX – “Linoleum”
- Nirvana – “In Bloom”
- Pearl Jam – “Corduroy”
- Smashing Pumpkins – “Cherub Rock”
- Soundgarden – “Blow up the Outside World”